POLYTEK: ENGINEERING for every sector
What do a biscuit factory and an oil refinery have in common? Nothing at all, you would imagine. But there is one thing! Both rely on machines being in tip-top condition.
As engineers, at Polytek we work for a wide variety of customers. Nevertheless, our customers have one common goal: to work efficiently, with a focus on quality and budget.
That’s why we strive for open communication with you, our customer. Because every project is different. You let us know your requirements and we look for the best possible solution for your company.
From 3D scanning to engineering to construction management: our team of experts are ready to assist you. We will monitor your project from start to finish, down to the smallest detail.
We can help you with:
- 3D laser scanning
- mechanical and piping engineering
- civil and structural engineering
- construction management
A beautiful design is great. But what if, during the construction phase, it becomes apparent that the design isn’t feasible? You’d have to start all over again, which is frustrating, time-consuming and costly.
That’s why, at Polytek, we put efficiency first. To that end, we work in phases:
- Basic engineering: We work together to outline your project on paper. During this phase, we continue to tinker with the design. Does something need to be relocated? If so, we change the design at this stage.
- Detailed engineering: We work out the design, down to the finest detail. The design is now ready for the construction phase, for which you would engage the services of an external partner.
- Construction management: We monitor proper execution on-site and make adjustments where necessary.
Where possible, we start with a 3D scan of the entire environment; this ensures we are immediately aware of all the details and useable elements. It also means you avoid additional costs and errors. After every project, we make time for an evaluation. What went smoothly? What could be more efficient? We – and you – will reap the benefits of this evaluation during every future project.
DEDICATION TO YOUR PROJECT
Polytek is a small and enthusiastic team. A team that will go out of its way to ensure successful completion of your project. We don’t rest until we find the best and most efficient solution for you.
Call it a passion, call it a hobby that has got out of hand: designing and 3D drawing is what we love to do.
Our motto? Seriousness when necessary, humour when possible. We also get together outside work - sometimes we organise barbecues, kartingnight, or after-work drinks.
Wie zijn wij?
- Werner Herbots: owner and managing director
- Gunther Vandionant: senior engineer en operations manager
- Michiel Mattheuwsen: project manager
- Enzo Warmenbol: structural engineer
- Daan Wij: project engineer
- Stefan Claeys: mechanical designer
- Johan Verbruggen: 3D scan operator
- Kenny Rollé: CAD engineer
- Tom Baets: CAD engineer
- Aaron Schits: CAD engineer
- Arno Vandijck: CAD engineer
- Tineke Vanopdenbosch: CAD engineer
- Louise Van Den Bergh: management assistent
2011: Werner Herbots starts working as an independent technical draftsman. As a former fitter, welder and foreman, he has gained a lot of practical experience. He has first-hand experience of how frustrating it is when a design looks great on paper but is infeasible in practice. He embarks on a bold, four-year crusade for designs that can withstand the construction phase, with efficiency being the order of the day.
2015 The Polytek vision is a clear success: it is virtually impossible to keep up with demand. Werner hires his first employee.
2016: Polytek continues to thrive. It’s time to take on another employee. And it doesn’t stop there: Polytek purchases a 3D scanner and Advance Steel software to enable more efficient steel designing. The company also relocates from a small container to a nearby office building at an industrial park in Tienen. The building offers sufficient space to welcome customers, train staff and organise 3D reviews and brainstorming sessions.
2017: Polytek continues to expand. By now, Werner has eight employees.
2018: Polytek prepares itself for the fourth industrial revolution. Virtual reality, communicating machines, etc. - engineering 4.0 is on the horizon. Plus the war for talent becomes a reality. The company’s image becomes more important as a result of this. To attract young talent, Polytek aims for an open company culture with a relaxed atmosphere.